- Product Code: Generic Bactrim
- Reward Points: 400
- Availability: In Stock
|80mg x 60 tablets||$33.60||$0.56|
|80mg x 120 tablets||$50.40||$0.42|
|80mg x 180 tablets||$66.60||$0.37|
|80mg x 240 tablets||$79.20||$0.33|
|80mg x 300 tablets||$93.00||$0.31|
Generic Bactrim All You Need To Know About It
Bacterial infections are quite common. It can happen in any part of the human body, For example, the ear, the digestive tract, urinary tract, nasal infection; some of the most common infection is diarrhea or pneumonia.
In the case of bacterial infection, bacteria invade the human body and start causing health problems like fever, cough, upset stomach, digestion problem, breathing problem, etc. Proper antibiotic medication can easily treat these bacterial diseases.
Doctors often recommend antibacterial medications to treat such diseases, Among these, the generic Bactrim is one of the most effective medicines, It is a generic antibacterial medicine, Hence, it is cheap and is easily available in any online or offline store.
What is Generic Bactrim?
Bactrim is a blend of two synthetic or man-made anti-infection agents, sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. It is available as a tablet form or as an injecting sterile liquid. It is a generic medication and is also known as Bactrim DS.
The two medications diminish the capacity of certain microscopic organisms or bacteria to use folic corrosive for developing. Sulfamethoxazole is an enemy of bacterial sulfonamide, a "sulfa" medicate. It upsets the creation of dihydrofolic corrosive while trimethoprim disturbs the creation of tetrahydrofolic corrosive. Dihydrofolic corrosive and tetrahydrofolic corrosive are types of folic corrosive that microorganisms and human cells use for creating proteins. Trimethoprim represses the creation of tetrahydrofolic corrosive by hindering the catalyst answerable for making tetrahydrofolic corrosive from dihydrofolic corrosive. By joining the two medications, two significant advances required in the creation of bacterial proteins are intruded, and the mix is more powerful than either of the medicines.
Some important information about this drug
- Although it is general antibacterial medicine, It may not be ideal for certain diseases. For example, viral fever is not ideal for this medication.
- Consult your physician if you have the following health conditions-
- looseness of the bowels from contamination with Clostridium difficile microbes
- the low glucose level in the blood
- insufficient folic acid
- Iron deficiency
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) insufficiency
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- weakness from lack of iron or folic acid
- Low count of blood platelets
- low degrees of a kind of white platelet called neutrophils
- torsades de pointes or a kind of unusual heartbeat
- anomalous EKG with QT changes from birth
- serious liver sickness
- iron deficiency from pyruvate kinase and G6PD lacks
- the third trimester of pregnancy
- ceaseless kidney sickness stage 4 (serious)
- ceaseless kidney sickness stage 5 (
- liver issues
- diminished kidney work
- pregnancy in the third trimester
- It is not ideal for children who are younger than two months
Before you consume Generic Bactrim
- One should not breastfeed while consuming generic Bactrim. It can cause serious health problems for your children.
- If you are pregnant, you cannot use this medicine. The medicine often causes adverse effects on the fetus. So, provide every minute details about your pregnancy.
- If you are using generic Bactrim, make sure to use effective birth control pills or condoms to prevent pregnancy
- Patients who are under HIV treatment cannot use it.
- You need medical consultation in case you suffer from asthma or severe allergic syndromes and seasonal allergies
- Patients who suffer from jaundice or liver disease needs doctors surveillance
- Consuming alcohol while using Bactrim generic medicine is strictly prohibited. It can react negatively with medicine.
- Patients with thyroid disorder need special medical attention while consuming generic Bactrim
- If you are under treatment for malnourishment, you cannot use this medicine.
- Blood thinner medicines like Warfarin interact with Bactrim. Hence, you cannot pair these two medicines together.
- You must not pair the following medicines with generic Bactrim
- anticonvulsants such as phenytoin
- antidepressants, like amitriptyline, amoxapine desipramine
- thiazide diuretics
- Medications for blood pressure like Captopril or Enalapril
- Amantadine or Memantine
- CYP2D6 inhibitor medications
- You should not use this medicine for more than the prescribed duration. Another infection may happen with prolonged infection.
- If you suffer from G6PD, avoid using generic Bactrim. It can cause anemia.
- It makes your skin sensitive. Patients who suffer from sunburn may need medical sunburn.
- Skin syndromes like Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Toxic epidermal, necrolysis, blistered skin, red eyes, and other skin diseases can become worse with this medicine. Hence, you need to consult your doctor.
- Patients who are older than 65 years age, cannot use this medicine.
- One should drink enough water to prevent kidney stones while consuming generic Bactrim.
How to take Generic Bactrim?
Take this drug by mouth, as coordinated by your primary care physician, with a full glass of water (8 ounces/240 milliliters). On the off chance that stomach upset happens, take with food or milk. Drink a lot of liquids while taking this prescription to bring down the far-fetched danger of kidney stones framing, except if your primary care physician prompts you in any case. The dose depends on your ailment and reaction to treatment.
For the best impact, take this anti-infection at uniformly dispersed occasions. To enable you to recollect, take this prescription at the equivalent time(s) consistently
Keep on taking this drug until the full recommended sum is done, regardless of whether side effects vanish following a couple of days. Halting it too soon may permit microbes to keep on developing, which may bring about a backslide of the disease
What to do in case of overdose?
In case of overdose, connect to a local healthcare institute to get immediate medical attention.
Side effects of Generic Bactrim
- Nausea, vomiting, dizziness
- Loss of appetite
- Itchy skin or rashes
- Sensitive skin
- Slurred speech
- Muscle cramps and joint pain
Tags: Generic Bactrim