- Product Code: Sofosbuvir Tablets
- Availability: In Stock
|400mg x 1 tablet||$200.00||$200.00|
|400mg x 2 tablets||$375.00||$187.50|
|400mg x 3 tablets||$550.00||$183.33|
|400mg x 5 tablets||$750.00||$150.00|
Sofosbuvir Tablets- Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
Viral infections like hepatitis C for the liver are often chronic. A patient can suffer from such diseases for more than one time in their lifetime. Additionally, these diseases also attack the immune system of the human body and make them weaker. Sofosbuvir Tablets along with Ribavirin, peginterferon, daclatasvir, etc provides the best treatment for chronic Hepatitis C.
What are Sofosbuvir Tablets?
- It is a generic drug used to treat Hepatitis C and other chronic viral diseases. Its IUPAC name is (S)-Isopropyl 2-((S)-(((2R, 3R, 4R, 5R)-5-(2,4-dioxo 3,4- dihydropyridine-1(2H)-yl)-4-fluoro-3-hydroxy-4-methyl tetrahydrofuran-2yl) methoxy)-(phenoxy)phosphoryl amino)propanoate. It is a type of Nucleotide analog inhibitor of HCV NSS5B polymerase.
- In general, the medicine contains 400 mg of the above-mentioned chemical. The Sofosbuvir tablets also contain mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, etc as the inactive ingredients.
- The generic tablet is a film-coated tablet of an off-white color.
- It is a type of oral medicine and comes with no other food or lifestyle restriction. It often allows your liver to recover faster than other medications.
Some important information about Sofosbuvir Tablets
- The medicine can interact with amiodarone and rifamycins like rifabutin etc. So, if you are taking such medications you need to consult your doctor.
- Drugs like carbamazepine, phenytoin, Phenobarbital, primidone, etc which are used for the treatment of seizures interact adversely with Sofosbuvir. So patients who are taking these medicines need to consult their doctor.
- One should not pair this medicine with any other medicine containing the same composition
- It may cause excessive fatigue and dizziness in pregnant women who have crossed their first trimester. Similarly, their partner also should not use this medicine if a woman is pregnant. Inc can cause serious harm to the unborn child.
- If a partner is using Sofosbuvir tablets, it is better to use birth control options like latex condoms, birth control pills until the medication course is over.
- Women who are breastfeeding their child, should not use this medicine for treatment.
- In case you are using medicines for hepatitis B or Hepatitis C, make sure to inform your doctor about other medications you use. Liver patients need special precautions while using this drug.
Before you start taking Sofosbuvir tablets
- If you have been diagnosed with chronic Hepatitis C or hepatitis B, it is better to consult your doctor and inform him about your medical history.
- If a woman is pregnant she should tell her physician about the pregnancy.
- One should not take any kind of recreational pills or herbal medicine during consuming Sofosbuvir.
- If you have diabetes, you need a doctor’s consultation. The medicine can lower the blood sugar level and may trigger dizziness, senselessness, etc. Hence, you need to be in touch with your doctor, additionally, have a close look at your blood sugar level and also check for low blood sugar symptoms.
- Patients, who have chronic kidney diseases, cannot use this medicine.
- Patients, who have a pacemaker, need doctor’s approval for using Sofosbuvir tablets.
- Children need some extra care. If their weight changes rapidly, parents need to consult the doctor immediately.
- Children younger than 3 years of age cannot consume this medicine.
How to take Sofosbuvir Tablets?
What to do in case of overdose?
Overdose or taking more than the prescribed format may cause serious health issues like passing out, labored breathing, etc. In case of overdose, the patient needs emergency medical care.
Side effects of Sofosbuvir Tablets
Side effects include dizziness, nausea, headache, diarrhea, itchy skin, insomnia. You should consult a doctor in case of an allergic reaction like rashes, swelling in the face or tongue and severe dizziness occurs.
Tags: Sofosbuvir Tablets