- Product Code: Periactin Tablets
- Availability: In Stock
|4mg x 15 tablets||$38.00||$2.53|
|4mg x 30 tablets||$52.00||$1.73|
|4mg x 60 tablets||$72.00||$1.20|
|4mg x 120 tablets||$96.00||$0.80|
|4mg x 240 tablets||$120.00||$0.50|
Periactin Tablets - Uses, Dosage, Side Effects and More
Allergies are common in people. Some get it from foods like fish, eggs, caviar, nuts(especially peanuts), seafood like crabs or prawns. On the other hand, some people also suffer from seasonal allergies during a particular season like spring or summer. Among these allergies, hay fever, rhinitis, etc. are quite common. Allergies from molds, pet danders, pollens, etc. are also widely known.
An allergy means a person's body reacts to a certain environmental substance, although that is harmless to most people. These substances are usually referred to as allergens. In general, allergens contain histamine. It is the main thing that causes the body to start showing allergic symptoms.
Some common symptoms of allergy are runny nose, sore throat or cough, watery or teary and red eyes, labored breathing, etc.
When an allergic substance invades the person's body, it starts the antibody reaction. The antibodies connect themselves to mast cells. At the point when the allergen comes into contact with the antibodies, the mast cells release histamine. The histamine then causes redness, swelling, and other nasal and non-nasal symptoms of allergies.
In general, antiallergic medicines are best to get relief from these sudden allergic symptoms. Periactin contains the active ingredient Cyproheptadine. It is a type of antihistamine that can lower the histamine related symptoms seen in case of allergies. Periactin is also a type of antiserotonergic agent.
What is Periactin?
The Periactin tablet is an antiallergic medicine containing Cyproheptadine. It is available in the power of 4mg as a white round tablet. It is great for treating seasonal allergies, food-related allergies, and other allergies like hay fever.
It can also provide relief in case of skin problems like rashes, eczema, insect bites reaction, chickenpox, hives, and dermatitis. It may also help treat migraines triggered by allergens.
What to do before you take Periactin Tablets
Before you take this medicine, you need to consult a doctor. Provide the following details to your doctor
- You are pregnant, just given birth to a child or breastfeeding.
- You have an issue with your liver works or kidneys. It also includes liver disease and kidney diseases.
- You have a history of stomach ulcer or a blockage in your small digestive organs.
- You have a condition that interacts with the pressure inside your eyes, for example, glaucoma.
- You have enlarged prostate or BPH, or you have been experiencing difficulty urinating, including difficulty in passing urine or painful urination.
- You have epilepsy.
- You have an uncommon hereditary blood condition known as porphyria.
- You are taking some other prescriptions. This incorporates any drugs you are taking, which are accessible to purchase without a remedy, corresponding meds, and even recreational pills and supplements.
- You have allergies with some medicines.
Some Important Information About Periactin
- You cannot take this antiallergic medicine if you have any allergic reaction to Cyproheptadine.
- It should not be used to treat a sudden attack of acute asthma. The medicine can make the symptoms of asthma worse.
- You need to avoid using Periactin in case you have angle-closure glaucoma.
- Periactin is not recommended for patients who have a blockage in the stomach or intestine. Or, if you have a blockage in your digestive tract that causes you to vomit undigested remains of food with blood, you have to avoid this particular drug.
- Periactin is not ideal for patients who suffer from BPH or enlarged prostate and urinating problems.
- Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors or MAOIs medicines that are used to treat depression interact with Periactine. So if you are on medicines like phenelzine, moclobemide, and tranylcypromine, you need to avoid taking Periactin.
- Older adults with frailness must stay away from using it.
- Alcohol consumption must be avoided in case you are on Periactine. If you consume alcohol, you may experience rapid drowsiness, fatigue on extreme levels.
- Avoid driving a car while you are on Periactin.
- It also has additive effects on CNS depressants like sedatives, tranquilizers, or antianxiety agents. These medicines should not be paired with Periactin.
- If you have increased intraocular pressure, avoidingPeriactin is the best method.
- Patients who are on medication for hypertension need medical surveillance before consuming this antiallergic medicine.
- It is not suitable for children under two years of age.
How to take Periactin Tablets?
To consume Periactine, you need to follow all the directions of your doctor or the pharmacist; if you have any questions, always ask experts for help. You can use water to swallow this medicine. Please swallow the whole tablet. You must not break the tablet or consume the broken parts. Similarly, inhaling the medicine or injecting it into veins is also dangerous.
The dosage of Periactin Tablets
The dose depends on the age of the patient and the severity of the allergic reaction. You need to follow your doctor's instructions in this case. It is often prescribed during the allergic bouts only, and patients are told to discontinue the medicine after they have recovered from the allergic symptoms.
Here is the general dosage according to age-
- For grown-ups: one tablet (4 mg) thrice per day
- For kids of 7-14 years: one tablet (4 mg) twice or thrice a day, depending on the symptoms
- For kids pf2-6 years: a large portion of a tablet (2 mg) twice or thrice directed by the doctor
How to store Periactin Tablets?
You can store this in a cool and dark place away from sunlight at room temperature. Make sure to keep it out of the reach of children.
What to do in case of overdose?
An overdose happens in case you take medicine more than three times per day. It can cause symptoms like severe dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, dry mouth, pale skin, vomiting, fainting, dilated pupils, etc. A patient should try to vomit at first and consult a doctor immediately.
Side effects of Periactin Tablets
- gentle sluggishness, tipsiness, or burning sensation;
- insomnia), fatigue
- feeling and energetic (particularly in kids);
- obscured vision;
- Loss of appetite;
- dry mouth or nose, agitated stomach;
- excessive perspiration or urination;
- obscured vision;
- hunger changes;
- dry mouth or nose, agitated stomach;
- Fast heartbeats
- Easy brushed and bleeding
- Buzzing sound in years
Periactin is a common antiallergic medication that gives relief from seasonal allergies. It is a prescription-only drug and gives instant relief from all types of allergies except asthma attacks.
Tags: Periactin Tablets