10 Points to know about Tapentadol Tablets
Definition of Pain: Feeling of pain is an unpleasant sensation and emotional experience linked to tissue damage. Pain is felt when a signal is sent through nerve fibres to the brain for interpretation. Pain can be short term or long term. It can stay in one place or can spread to various parts of your body.
There is a feeling of pain when special nerves that detect tissue damage send signals to transmit information about the damage along the spinal cord to the brain. The brain then decides how to react. For example if you touch a hot iron box a message will travel through a reflex arc in the spinal cord and cause an immediate contraction of the muscles. The resultant contraction will pull your hand away from the hot surface. In order to manage moderate to severely moderate pain a well known allopathic drug called Tapentadol is recommended by general practitioners and physicians. Log on to www.onlinemedx.com and order your stock of Tapentadol 100mg online.
Tapentadol is the first US FDA approved centrally acting analgesic having u-opioid receptor agonist and non-adrenaline (norepinephrine) reuptake inhibition activity with minimum serotonin reuptake inhibition. This makes Tapentadol particularly useful in the treatment of neuropathic pain. Here are 10 points about Tapentadol to be known for effective pain management:
- Tapentadol is similar in that they are considered different than the classic opioid meds viz. Vicodin, Percocet or Tylenol with codeine.
- Ultram is like a mini Tapentadol. It works as a relatively weak opioid receptor agonist. Ultram also inhibits norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake which contributes to pain relief but it is certainly not as strong as Tapentadol.
- Tapentadol comes in immediate release (IR) and extended release (ER) pill whose effect on opioid receptor of our brain is several times bigger than Ultram’s.
- Tapentadol is schedule II controlled substance and is well suited for pain conditions requiring a strong opioid component (post surgery pain) and it has the benefit of greater gastrointestinal tolerability compared to older opioids.
- Clinical research shows that Tapentadol works as well as Oxycodone for spinal compression fractures and pain relief you get is similar to morphine or oxycodone.
- Tapentadol is also effective in chronic back pain, diabetic neuropathy and post operative pain.
- Tapentadol is better tolerated by the gut so the chances of nausea and vomiting are far less than other opioids like Dilaudid, morphine or Fentanyl.
- Post marketing research and analysis shows that Tapentadol creates less dependence or abuse when compared to other opioid drugs.
- Tapentadol being a Schedule II drug requires triplicate prescription which is not the case with Ultram. So in short Ultram is easier to refill and acquire from the doctor.
- Easy on your pocket Tapentadol regular and ER are new and their brands come costly compared to generic version of Ultram.
Analyse your pain with your healthcare expert and then choose the appropriate painkiller. Due to its narcotic effect Tapentadol can be abused if not taken under expert’s guidance and cause ugly addiction (dependence). So take the drug only as long as it is prescribed to you.